Alumni Pay Tribute
During 1936, there was an average of 21 children per cottage.
The Ezell Gymnasium was completed in 1938 with funds provided through the bequest of the late S.B. Ezell of Spartanburg, a longtime Connie Maxwell trustee. The building served as headquarters for the athletic and activities program, as well as a school assembly area.
The Alumni of Connie Maxwell Children’s Home paid tribute to Dr. Jamison at the 1938 reunion with the presentation of a silver plaque. At the 1946 reunion, they accepted responsibility for the development of a recreation area to be known as Jamison Square in appreciation for Dr. Jamison’s long service “to the children of his generation”.